Thursday, February 16, 2012

Why aren't the console commands “moveto” and “placeatme” working?

Question

I'm not sure when did this happen, but all of sudden I cannot use the console command moveto and placeatme.

I realized this when I'm trying to summon a dragon with player.placeatme EAFB4, it's just not appearing. The same happens when I'm trying to move myself to Lydia using prid A2C94 then moveto player.

I have tried summoning/moving to other NPCs but it's still doesn't work.

But oddly when I tried it on another save file (different character) it's working perfectly.

Any help here? :/


After several tries, I have found something.

They are still spawning. But instead spawning next to me, they are spawning to somewhere below the Riften Thieves Guild (The Ragged Flagon).

I don't know why is it happening. I discovered it when I clicked my character (0000014) and then typed moveto player in the console command. It teleported me to the below Riften Thieves Guild. Here are some screenshots to illustrate what I mean:

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

Example 4

The Riften Guard and Whiterun Guard I've summoned earlier also seem to appear on that place. I tried summoning other NPCs using the player.placeatme again, and yup. They do appear on the Ragged Flagon.

Anyone knows why is it happening? :/

Asked by deathlock

Answer

OK I have realized that everytime I sell something to a merchant NPC... my coordinate CHANGES along with my sold items. I don't know precisely which item done this, because it just changes with every items.

The first time was in Riften. Then it happened in Markarth. Then in Windehlm. Then in Solitude.

Though it seems this problem never happen in outdoor, always in walled town. Not sure why is this happening. Should I open a new question?

Answered by deathlock

No comments:

Post a Comment