Thursday, February 16, 2012

How long and how much can I benefit from praying?

Question

When you pray on a shrine you get a temporary buff, how long does this buff last?

Also, how many of this buffs can I have simultaneously?

Asked by Marcelo

Answer

I had over 25 buffs on myself, so if there is a limit, it's pretty darn high.

To test this out, I bought a bunch of buff potions and drank them all. Twenty in total. Then I touched the 5 shrines that are right next to each other in Ysa. Only 15 buffs displayed on the screen at once, so at first maybe I thought there was a cap of 15.

enter image description here

However, when I went to the Status->Effects screen, it listed all 25 buffs as active. My guess is that the 15 that displayed on the screen were all it had room for.

enter image description here

Potion buffs seem to have variable durations depending on the potion type. I am not prepared to make a list of every single potion type and their individual durations, but of the 20 I tested, all seemed to fall into two categories... 30 seconds or 60 seconds. I didn't detect any sort of pattern about why some lasted 30 seconds and other lasted 60.

All shrine buffs appear to have a duration of 5 minutes.

Potion buffs seem to be either 30 seconds or 60 seconds.

Answered by Sterno

No comments:

Post a Comment