Friday, February 17, 2012

Turtle Beach XL1 & PC Connectivity

Question

I bought a turtle beach XL1 headset earlier today and i was going to connect them to my computer via the PC/PS3 adapter that you can by for it. After I bought them, I realized the one chart that I looked at has the wrong info. The PC/PS3 adapter is only compatible for certain headsets and mine is not one of them. So my question is, can the XL1's may not be compatible, but can they still be used with this adapter?

Would this jack work to connect it to my computer for recording? : http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062475&clickid=prod_cs

Asked by Jonny B

Answer

No, unfortunately not. The PC/PS3 compatible ones usually work by transmitting audio data via the USB connection. You'd likely be able to get it to work for hearing things, with the proper audio adapters, but not for working with the headset's mic.

Answered by agent86

No comments:

Post a Comment