Saturday, May 26, 2012

Is there an advantage if I use knuckles with monk instead of daggers? [closed]

Question

Possible Duplicate:
Are class-specific weapons better than other weapon?

I am starting with monk and asked a friend what weapon I should use. He told me that my priority should be on knuckles and fist weapons. I started out that way but daggers seem to be much better because of their attack speed. Is it because knuckles work better with a shield or am I missing something? Why prioritise knuckles? Do monks get bonus damage for them or something?

enter image description here

vs

enter image description here

Asked by Melini

Answer

That particular fist weapon is poor quality, so don't let the low attack speed throw you off.

Later in the game, magic daggers typically have a base attack speed of 1.50 attacks per second. Fist weapons are a close second at 1.40 attacks per second.

If you want to focus on attack speed, by all means try to get these weapon types. But don't limit your options just for that reason. You may find a 1h Spear than is a lot slower but the other stats are so good that its worth using. It's all about your playstyle and what feels good to you.

Also note that later in the game you can find weapons with the + X% Attack Speed affix. I've seen plenty of swords and spears with 1.5 and higher attack speed because of this, and I'm only level 45 so it will surely go higher.

Answered by dpatchery

No comments:

Post a Comment