Saturday, February 18, 2012

Late 80s early 90s Creepy video game?

Question

I remember playing a game in the late 80s or early 90s with my older brother. It could have been on a Sega console, but may have been Nintendo.

What I recall is that it was very creepy to me. The first level was very short and I believe there was a pool that had a blob or something floating/swimming in it and I think you had to make your way safely to the other end of the pool? I could be way off, but that is how my young mind remembers it.

The second level had the player crawling through dark tunnels, avoiding things like acid dripping and other things if I recall correctly. I just remember the game being scary to me, and my brother could never seem to get past the second level.

Hope someone else besides me can remember this game!

Asked by Lyndsay

Answer

This description reminds me of Out of this World (aka Another World). It was released for many platforms, including the SNES and Genesis/Mega Drive in 1992.

Here's a video queued up to the first part of the game, which sounds quite a bit like you describe:

Answered by agent86

No comments:

Post a Comment