Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Is it possible to realistically use Lydia for the entire game?

Question

I'm concerned with the information I've gathered about followers, namely the tidbit about how a follower's stats and level are set to yours when you acquire them. I've heard of console commands that supposedly reset a follower, allowing you to level them up with you as you progress through the game, but I don't play Skyrim on PC.

That being said, I got Lydia when I was level 3-5, I don't remember, and I really like her. I'm not sure why, and it's not important, but I'd like to keep her with this particular character at least, for his entire playthrough. Is there any way playing on Xbox 360 or PS3 to allow her to level with me? I'm aware I can continuously upgrade her gear, but I'm concerned as I reach the end levels that won't be enough to keep her up-to-date with the encounter scale.

Asked by Ender

Answer

No, followers won't level with you (see this question). This means she will rapidly lose effectiveness at combat. You can still take her with you, but she will be crawling around on the ground most of the time simply due to her low level.

Instead, if you purchased the Whiterun house, you can just leave her there as a "second wife". Just dismiss her and she will wait in your house until you return.

Answered by Resorath

No comments:

Post a Comment