Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Space sim with consequences?

Question

Can anyone tell me the name of a space fighter sim (similar to Wing Commander or X-Wing) from the mid-nineties? The relevant information was your actions has real in-game consequences.

On one mission, for example you go out with your "good-guy" squad to blast some "bad-guys" and you could follow the mission plan, or kill your own guys. If you chose to kill your own guys, the bad guys would recognize that, pick you up and you could join their side. I think the "bad guys" may have been aliens, but I'm not sure.

Answer

Star Crusader

The game you're thinking of is almost certainly Star Crusader. While I've never actually played the game, I did read about it in a Computer Gaming World around the time it came out. Later in 1995, I found a novelization at my local Borders. It was very good as I recall. Unfortunately it was lost when I moved over 10 years ago. I've meant to pick it up again but I just never find the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment