Monday, August 8, 2011

Is there any way to play Hammerfight with a gamepad?

Question

Hammerfight, while being a great game, is also excellent at annihilating your wrist, as controlling the game is done by performing circular motions with the mouse almost constantly.

When I first got the game, I looked for a way to translate gamepad input to mouse input so that I could play the game without inflicting physical harm on myself. The results I came up with were far from satisfactory, however (I found some way to turn my PS3's controller input into mouse input, but it was very sluggish and simply wouldn't do at all).

This site didn't exist back then, so I ask you, has anyone managed to set up a gamepad to work with this game in a way that doesn't feel like you are sacrificing control for convenience?

Answer

Well, erm, I'm not exactly sure how to tell you this, but... Hammerfight supports gamepads out of the box.

I just booted it up with my wireless Xbox 360 gamepad plugged in, and it picked it up immediately. The only thing you have to do is disable multy-mouse in the settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment