Thursday, August 11, 2011

Can mobs go through portals?

Question

Possible Duplicate:
Can creatures follow me through a portal?

I'm wondering if mobs can go through portals, to the neither. That way, I can make a portal in front of my house and have the mobs/zombies/creepers go through it and I wouldn't have to worry about the creatures destroying my house.

Answer

From Minecraft Wiki's page on portals:

If a mob from the real world enters a portal, they will float in the portal as if it was water. Mobs cannot use portals to teleport to the Nether, however they can walk through them.

To sum it up, unfortunately you cannot build a portal to prevent mobs.

If you are playing single player, you can install the Portal mod (which is not in anyway related to the Nether Portal, but the game Portal), you can use an Emancipation Grill, and literally wipe out mobs (including Creepers), at the cost of wiping your inventory.

No comments:

Post a Comment