Tuesday, January 31, 2012

How to clear “Storm the Sheep” on extreme in Defender's Quest?

Question

I've tried a couple of strategies with little success so far.

So far my strategy consists of:

  • 1 non-upgrade warrior to kill the normal sheeps
  • 2 knights for knockback, stun and general damage (upgraded as much as possible)
  • 1 ice mage for the slow and freeze (sometimes upgrade to lvl 3)
  • 3-4 archers (as much as I can summon with the available "points")
  • Using the push back and frenzy spells from time to time although the push back doesn't seem to work.

I swap all the characters as the sheep moves along the way.

I also tried using a Dragon to "now" the sheep when below 19% HP but it didn't work.

So am I on the good path or am I missing something completely obvious.

The battle selection screen for reference:Storm the Sheep battle selection screen

and the battle map:Storm the Sheep battle map screen

Answer

The way I did it was with 6 archers and nothing else (except for one beserker to kill the normal sheep).

The magic sheep is immune to knock back, stun, freeze, etc., so all those kinds of units are useless. Instead, go with archers (highest DPS), and reposition them when the sheep is out of range. I did it with my archers all at level 40, but I killed the sheep at 2/3 or 3/4 of the way around the circuit, so I'm sure this is also a viable strategy at lower levels.

Also, I should clarify, summon as many archers as you can initially afford, and bring more online as you accumulate PSI, which should happen fairly quickly, because you won't need to reposition your archers very often.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment