Monday, April 30, 2012

Why won't my SWTOR Launcher open?

Question

I tried to open my SWTOR Launcher this morning after turning my computer back on (played last night just fine) and the launcher won't open. The process is running (launcher.exe on the task manager) but the window never shows up. The log file in

Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\logs

says this

[datetime] Failed to load bundles
[datetime] Going offline

What gives?

Asked by Adanion

Answer

Alright, I read what seemed like dozens and dozens of forum posts on how to fix this problem and nothing was working (this seems to be a rather large problem and has been since beta). I tried using the FixLauncher.exe, didn't work. I tried running the SWTOR_setup.exe and reset to defaults, didn't work. I was about ready to give up and just uninstall and reinstall the entire game but I got lucky.

This is what finally got the launcher to show back up.

  1. I navigated to

    Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic

    and deleted the Patch folder
  2. Restarted the computer
  3. Ran the FixLauncher.exe
  4. Restarted the computer
  5. Ran launcher.exe

And the Launcher FINALLY showed up.

This probably isn't the only fix to this but this is what worked for me.

If you want to look through the "This isn't our fault (even though the launcher is so bad we actually have a FixLauncher.exe), so how about we start at the beginning and kill some time... while we try and fix the launcher" - Troubleshooting Guide - There you go.

Answered by Adanion

No comments:

Post a Comment