Monday, April 30, 2012

In what order should I take levels in Holy Fire and its synergies to maximize damage?

Question

Obviously, after maxing Holy Fire and its synergies, the damage will be the same regardless of which skills I took in which order.

If I want to max the damage for my Holy Fire Paladin during play, however, what order should I take points in Holy Fire, Resist Fire, and Salvation (if at all before the end)? Essentially, I want to maximize my damage at each individual level in order to stand the best chance against the minions of hell.

If the order for damage is different from the passive weapon damage it gives vs. the AoE aura damage, the damage on the weapon should be prioritized higher than the damage for the aura.

Asked by StrixVaria

Answer

Holy Fire damage is pretty underwhelming in general. The gain for each level of the skill is not % based, it is a fixed number. The synergies from Resist Fire and Salvation are 18% and 6% respectively.

Going level by level and determining which is better, an extra 18% or the base increase, here is what I came up with

enter image description here

So if the last column increases, you take Resist Fire, otherwise you take Holy Fire. Salvation is obviously last.

Then again, you're much better off moving on to Holy Shock before this point. Level 6 Holy Shock has the same average damage as Level 20 Holy Fire.

Source

Answered by bwarner

No comments:

Post a Comment