Sunday, April 29, 2012

How much damage does each tool do?

Question

I read on the wiki that a diamond shovel does as much damage as a wooden sword.

This lead me to wonder how much damage each tool does.

What I'd like to know is the specific values that each tool at each tier does (wooden, stone etc.) including swords.

Half a heart is equal to one damage, so a whole heart is two damage.

The reason I want to know is in case I get caught in a fight without a sword, I'll know which of my tools is going to offer me the best chance of surviving.

Asked by Mr Smooth

Answer

The damage charts can be located here but I cropped them for you.

Mobs' health is measured in 'hearts', just like the player's. Chickens have 2 hearts; sheep have 4; cows, squids and pigs have 5; spiders have 8; skeletons, creepers, blazes, tamed wolves and zombie pigmen have 10; zombies have 11. Ghasts have only 5 hearts. Wild wolves have 4 hearts. Slimes and magma cubes react differently to damage. Their health depends on their size.

enter image description here

enter image description here

Any tool not listed above (hoe's, shears etc.) will do normal "fist" damage when used.

Critical hits are as following:

enter image description here

Answered by Foxtrot

No comments:

Post a Comment