Saturday, April 28, 2012

Can I import someone else's Mass Effect 2 save on a PS3?

Question

This question about where to find a full Mass Effect 2 save file made me wonder, on the PS3 can I import ME2 save data from another person when I play Mass Effect 3?

I know PS3 save files are tied to the user ID to a certain amount so I'm wondering if I can import these save files at all and if it would be possible to download a copy to import as I haven't played ME2.

Asked by Ben Brocka

Answer

This is technically possible, but for some titles it requires software designed to circumvent basic built-in security measures in the PS3. Not that there's a PS3 police knocking on your door, but if you want to be really technical, using another player's save on the PS3 network is considered a violation of their TOS.

Answered by Steve the Maker

No comments:

Post a Comment