Sunday, January 29, 2012

Is Ulfric Stormcloak capable of a Dragon Shout?

Question

How did Ulfric Stormcloak kill High King Torygg?

Most NPCs including guards keep telling me Ulfric Stormcloak killed High King Torygg by shouting at him. When I came to Solitude, I found that Roggvir is executed because he let Ulfric leave in a fair and square duel according to the rules of the day.

But when I speak with Elisif, she says Ulfric shouted in a voice and her husband was no more.

Many NPCs also say something similar.

I went to High Hrothgar, and found it takes years to master one single shout. I can not talk to the others besides Arngeir because their voice would kill me instantly.

Is Ulfric capable of Dova/Dragon shouts? If yes then is he also a potential Dragonborn? Or he has just studied the Way of the Voice?

If so is there a shout that can disintegrate people like that?

Answer

Ulfric is capable of shouting because he studied with the Greybeards but couldn't stand being away from the events of the war and as such left to join the Empire. He is not Dragonborn though, I think the idea is that almost anyone can learn a shout if they are super dedicated (since it takes a lot of time for non-Dovahkiin)

He also states that he Fus'd him to the floor and finished him off with melee, an axe I believe.

And no, there isn't a shout available to the Dovahkiin in-game that is powerful enough to disintegrate an enemy. That's not to say there isn't a possibility of one in the world of Skyrim, just that you can't learn it in the game.

Just for reference you can find some more information about Ulfrics past here.

No comments:

Post a Comment