Saturday, September 3, 2011

Help identifying old Mac game with sharks, puzzles

Question

In fifth grade (~1997), I remember playing one of my first games for the Mac. You took a cartoony-looking fish (shark?) and moved him around with the arrow keys, pushing rocks and bubbles for some reason. There were also enemy sharks who would eat you. I also remember being so proud of having the highest score in the world after playing for several hours straight during summer school, so I think there was an online scoreboard (either that, or I misunderstood the scoreboard :( ). The game was 2D tile-based with no scrolling, and though the levels had some puzzle elements, I think the objective was to kill all the enemy sharks somehow.

Has anyone played this game?

Answer

Sounds like you're looking for Bubble Trouble by Ambrosia Software.

A version that runs on Mac OS X was made available as well. (And it's Universal so it runs natively on Intel Macs)

No comments:

Post a Comment